How We Use Information
In addition to personal information, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically captured when you visit InfoQ through Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to understand how the website is used and improve our services. You can read more about how Google Analytics safeguards privacy here.
Personally Identifiable Information
We request personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To register you for InfoQ membership.
- To send e-mail newsletters and/or third party announcements.
- To customize your experience on InfoQ.
- To provide you with recommendations from our list of conferences.
- To allow you access to 3rd-party content (e.g. vendor white papers).
In the later case these vendors can choose to contact you to offer deals relevant to the asset you downloaded.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. In general, InfoQ is the controller of user private data. In cases users choose to download content from 3rd-party entities (e.g. vendor white papers) then these might become joint controllers for that specific case.
Social Plugins on Our Site
We may use social plugins on InfoQ and may include icons that allow you to interact with third party social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. For example, you may "like" us or a book on Facebook or follow us or Tweet about us on Twitter or use a social network for login purposes. The third party social plugin may set a cookie when your browser creates a connection to the servers of such social networks and the plugin may transmit your data to the social networks. Your use of these social plugins is subject to the privacy policies of the third party social networks.
In the future we might decide to deliver content recommendations or targeted advertising to people who visit our website. This could work by showing you content recommendations or ads that are based on your browsing patterns, the way you have interacted with our site, or the topics you are interested in.
We will not share any of this behavioural data with 3rd party. We might choose to share anonymised behavioural data with advertising partners, including commercial organisations.
Use of Email
If you have given us your email for purposes of communication or promotion, we will use your data to contact you or send promotional emails relating to your interests. You may revoke your consent to being contacted by email for promotional purposes any time, by clicking on an unsubscribe link.
Further, with your consent, we may make use of email tracking technology to obtain data on if you open an email or if you click on links in an email. This data will be used only in automated ways to help improve future marketing messaging and/or to prioritize follow ups based on perceived communications relevance. Without your consent, we will not make use of personal data unique to you, such as your IP address, your device and browser information, or the time and number of times you open an email or click on a link.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information, etc.
In more detail you can:
- You can stop receiving promotional email or postal communications from InfoQ by following the instructions in those messages,
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data by InfoQ,
- You have the right to have your personal data erased,
- In some instances you have the right to have your personal data transferred to another company and InfoQ will make every reasonable effort to comply with your request.
- You have the right to raise any concerns to the processing or use of your personal data by InfoQ to an appropriate data protection authority,
- You have the right to review personal data InfoQ hold on you if this does not impact on other individual’s rights and freedoms.
You can usually do this using the settings or by directly contacting us at: [email protected].
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed. Because the circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, retention period time might vary too.
It is your right to request changes to your data, or even request erasure at: [email protected].
How to contact us
C4Media Inc. (www.ljvch.cn),
2275 Lake Shore Boulevard West,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
Or emails us at: